Sunday, January 2, 2011

You Gotta Be Upbeat & Don't Procrastinate!

If I wasn't a glass-half-full kind of girl, I'd be breaking crockery right now. I just found out the site that hosted my website has vanished. It doesn't matter all that much but I did lose an already-done reading list I'd posted there. I originally lost all that information in August 2008 when my computer crashed but the info at my website was a welcome back-up source.



I procrastinated, I put off transferring a copy of the information to another site, or saving it some how/some way. Let it be known that this is the last time I put off finishing a job.



I have a hand-written notebook with those notes, however because I was using this fancy technology I wasn't responsible enough to do hand notes after 2002 so I completely lost about 8+ years' worth of book/author/rating information. The information can be rebuilt to a small degree but it is heartbreaking to lose everything like this.



Not the end of the world, of course, but so frustrating and I only have myself to blame.

No comments: